Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at Golden West Centennial Lodge! Our most valuable resource are those people who commit their time and energy to improving the quality of life of those we serve.
What to expect when you apply to become a GWCL Volunteer
Step 1 – Applying
- Applying to volunteer is much like applying for a job. We take many factors into consideration before accepting volunteers to assist with our programs. Because we take our responsibility for those in our care seriously, we have a screening process for all applicants, based on your application, references and interview. Completing your application as thoroughly as possible will help us assess your volunteer interests with our needs in a health care environment.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you must complete the Volunteer Application Form which requires Parental/Guardian Consent. This application form can be found online or by calling our office at 204-896-2422.
Step 2 – The Interview
- Once our office receives your application, the Volunteer Manager will contact you to arrange a date and time for an interview.
- The interview is an opportunity for us to find out more about you, and for you to ask any questions you may have about volunteering at GWCL. We will discuss placements based on your interests, and our program needs.
- We will also discuss expectations of volunteers and the importance of confidentiality.
Step 3 – Screening
- After your interview, a Volunteer Services staff member will contact your references.
- Depending on the volunteer role(s) that you are interested in, a Criminal Record Check may be required. You will be notified of any required checks during your interview.
Step 4 – The Offer
- If a successful match is made between your skills and abilities and an available position, the Volunteer Manager will offer you a volunteer position. If you decide to accept the offer, a start date will be determined.
- If you are a student getting credit hours for your volunteering, it is your responsibility to track your hours to ensure you are meeting your school’s requirements.
Step 5 – Training & Orientation
- Before you begin your first shift, you will be provided with a volunteer identification badge, a general orientation to our facility and the area where you will be volunteering. You will then be set up to receive specific training for your volunteer position.
- You are now ready to begin volunteering!